Monday, May 11, 2009

Will bare root holly hocks bloom in one growing season?

I planted 6 hollyhocks purchased as bare root plants in march.I planted them around March 20 will they bloom this summer or next? I ask only becuase I read that hollyhocks are biennials that spend one entire growing season developing an extensive root system.

Will bare root holly hocks bloom in one growing season?
I have grown hollyhock from seed and it has flowered the same year, so I would imagine that your plants will bloom sometime this year.
Reply:Flowering





Plants that are started indoors and transplanted outside in May flower in the early summer, as do plants that self-seeded or were planted from seed the year before (1). Flowers for bouquets should be cut before all the buds are open.


No comments:

Post a Comment