Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What end of the hollyhock is the bareroot?

I know this sounds stupid but I have 3 bareroothollyhock plants but I can't tell which is the part that goes in the ground. I am putting them in a container first before outdoors as it is still to cold. Is that right?

What end of the hollyhock is the bareroot?
All plant which are growing will have a shoot and a root. It is the root which is bare. I am not sure were are talking about the same plant . In Britain Hollyhocks are bienial which are grown as annual plants, if they are barerooted keep the roots moist and out of the air until you plant it,I dont see any reason why keeping them in a pot will harm them but try a degradeable one so you can plant the pot and all when you finaly do plant it out. You could make one from an old pot and cover it with paper machet, use a varnish to seal the outside. Limited life cycle.
Reply:one end should have little hair like attachments (roots). if not, plant it lying down.


No comments:

Post a Comment